Wednesday, May 04, 2005

I am well. My computer is well. Mall Of America Sucks.

Well, maybe not that last one. Well, yeah.

Okay. So I took my poor computer into the campus computer doctors last week, because they hadn't got rid of the viruses like they said they had. Last time I picked it up the computer guru guy told me he'd run all kinds of virus scans in safe mode and that had fixed everything. When he told me that, I was like, "Hmm. . .okay." Because I'd run the virus scans in safe mode before I even brought it to them, and I wasn't able to fix everything (red flag #1). But whatever. I really wanted my computer back because I missed it, so I took his word for it and brought my system home and hooked it up. Only to see the same virus I'd been fighting for weeks. Oh, but it had gotten smarter! Instead of connecting as soon as I turned my computer on, it waited 5 or 10 minutes before it started messing things up. The little rascal.

In despair, I brought my computer back to the "computer guru" (in quotes because you need to read it sarcastically -- guru he is not.) on Friday and told him he didn't fix anything. He looked at me like I was crazy (red flag #2), and had the nerve to be dismissive with me, like I had no good reason to be there. He said, "Yeah. We've got a long line of other systems to work on today, so maybe you should just come back on Monday. (red flag #3, otherwise known as the last straw.)" I almost went off, but I checked myself, so I only had an attitude in my mind; went a lil something like this:

What?! Wait all weekend to have a functional computer just because you didn't do your job right the first time? I don't think so. No indeed. I oughta let somebody know just how well you're doing your job, you non-virus cleaning jerk!!!

May seem like a harsh reaction, but if you know me, you know I can barely breathe without my computer. This was not a happy time. I was not a happy girl. So I was like, forget "Computer Guru Guy" (don't forget the sarcasm) I'll look some things up online and fix this myself! And that's exactly what I did. I am now happy to report that my computer is virus-free, spyware-free, trojan-free and virtually un-hijack-able. All thanks to me. Yup.

So that was Friday. Saturday and Sunday were peaceful and relatively uneventful. Some singing and dancing (Vul'indlela is my new anthem, and as soon as I know the words, and what they mean, I'm gonna sing it all day long!!). And Monday, I went to MOA which (as you already know if you're reading carefully, but I'll reiterate just in case you're not) sucks.

I mean, I say it sucks because, it just does. It's so sprawled out that you gotta plan exactly where you wanna go, and so you end up forgetting things or you never find a new store that you might like. Just, ugh. I went on Monday because I could go for cheap, and I really wanted a dress for graduation (37 days to go! whooo!!) and a Mother's Day present for my mama. I got both of those things, but at what cost to my soul? Don't even ask. The saving grace of the day was the looooooong, sooooooothing time spent lounging in the massage chairs at Brookstone. Yeah! I'm always saying I don't need a massage, or I feel fine, etc. but just a few minutes nestled in those nerve-melting cushions and my whole world view turned around. Well, not really. But I really loved the massage chairs.

Early in the day, around 1 o'clock me, Hustleman and Island Diva went in and sat down, and I guess we were taking too long, because this old man tried to be slick and unplug the chairs! Like we was just gonna get up and move along. Yeah right! LOL. I stayed right where I was, and that chair got plugged right back in. Trying to hurry me, I don't know who he thought I was, but I got my massage on in Brookstone for as long as I wanted! We came back in the evening before it was time to go, and I decided that I'd get my mama her present there. Of course after I actually spent some money in the store, they couldn't be stingy with the massage chairs. Well they could, but that wouldn't be nice. So I stayed in once again as long as I wanted, without any interruptions. Was wonderful. Made the whole trip worth taking. So I guess maybe I should revise what I said earlier.

The Mall Of America sucks if you don't go to Brookstone and get an hour's worth of massaging for every 3 draining, wearying hours that you spend running around trying to find Old Navy, Express, or the food court.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Verse For You Today:

Now, unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy; to the only wise God our savior, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and forever. Amen. ~ Jude 1: 24-25

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home