Sunday, April 03, 2005

Can I Just Say. . .

I am really tired of seeing people write/type this:

"ya'll."

What is that? It's poor grammar, and you know I can't stand poor grammar. If you want to use the contraction of the words "you all," the proper way to do so is "y'all." That's all I'm gonna say about that, y'all.

So I'm back in Minnesota. It's the same as it ever was.

Dang. It sure feels good to hear a song you haven't heard in a while. Especially when it's your song from way back when, and it brings back all those memories of where you were and who you were with, etc etc. Today for the first time in a loooong time I heard my song, Understanding by XScape.

Oh my goodness. This song came on LaunchCast radio, and I just almost fell out. I was probably 10 when it came out, so I was in the 4th grade. And everyday after school on the bus we would sing this and En Vogue Giving Him Something He Can Feel. And this girl named Roseta and this other girl named LaShaiya Bailey would always try to take the leads because they thought they sang better than everyone else. But whatever. On "Understanding" though, I would always try to sing Khandi's part "I tried so very hard to keep our love alive, but you don't wanna meet me halfway, then the understanding diiiiiiiiiies!" That was my part. You felt that girl's pain, right there. Her man was not listening; he was being selfish and she was feeling unloved. All that emotion. 'S a great song. It really is. Lol. I think you gotta know the song to understand. Nostalgia is fun though.

Also, why didn't anybody tell me today is Daylight Savings Time? I felt so played this morning; I woke up thinking it was 9:30, so I was getting ready for church. Then I saw my cell phone saying 10:45 and was like, "Wait a minute. . .I done missed the bus. How'd that happen?" And then I saw that it was Daylight Savings. Played.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another Nichole Nordeman Song Today:
"River God" from the album Wide Eyed (1998)

Holy River God,
little stones are smooth
only once the water passes through.
So I am a stone,
rough and grainy still
trying to reconcile this water's chill.

But when I close my eyes,
and feel You rushing by,
I know that time brings change,
and change takes time.
And when the sunset comes,
my prayer would be just one --
that You might pick me up and notice that I am
just a little smoother in Your hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home