Monday, March 28, 2005

Say It With Me Now: F-L-A-K-E Spells Me!

Guess where I am!

If you said "At school, duh, since it started today," you're dead wrong. And if you said "On the way to school," you're wrong too and also you're a li'l bit silly since, if I were at this moment riding on some instrument of transportation I could not at the same moment be typing this here entry and publishing it online. Come on now.

So, where am I?

Ha! I'm still at home. That's right. I spent Easter with my father and brother and not on some durn bus. And by a stroke of (bad?) fortune and a some of my own whimsy, I decided to spend Monday helping them settle in to the new house.

I know, I know. I was just saying how I needed to leave and go somewhere else, but yeah, right. When it comes down to it I like being with my family. So I'm missing two days of school. Just because. Lol. That's my flaky crust coming off right there. It's kinda weird looking, but it sure is appetizing, isn't it? Mmm hmm. You wish you had it.

Well, anyway. The new house isn't yet settled, but I don't have any more expendable days so I either have to leave tomorrow morning or drop out of school. Still debating at this point.

J/k, j/k.

I am really feeling the "enter" key tonight. Don't know why, but I thought I'd mention it, just in case someone's reading this and saying to him/herself, "Man, this chick is really into new paragraphs!" Just letting y'all know that I'm aware of this. I am.

After an entire week of completely dull gray sky here in Kansas City -- and I do mean completely dull gray, from dawn to dusk, not a cloud or sunbeam in the sky, just this thick sheet of dull, gray, dull grayness -- the sun came out yesterday morning. Easter Sunday morning. And I know it wasn't sunny everywhere in the world, but the symbolism I found in the weather really touched my heart. We were oppressed here under this cloud of darkness, just like the world was drowning under the weight of its own sins and shames, until Jesus sacrificed himself. The dawny sunshine that greeted me here yesterday morning just served as a quite powerful reminder of the utter gloominess and despair of sin, and the glorious light that God brings into my life. I'm so glad, SO glad, that Jesus lifted me.

Yeah, that came out of nowhere, didn't it? No transition at all. But just let it marinate anyway. Indulge me. Humor me. 'Tis the end of Easter Monday, dears. I'm going to school tomorry.

Enter.

Enter.

Enter.

Enter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Song (Excerpt) (Well, Okay. It's Almost The Whole Song) for You Today

Nichole Nordeman ~ Home
This Mystery (2000)

Bright are the stars that shine
in somebody else's sky,
green is the grass that grows
someplace different.
More possibilities,
more than You offered me.
More than I care to see,
from a distance.

I was certain that the truth would be
in a place that kept eluding me.
But every stone turned and unturned again
would only serve to prove
that I never had to move to find You.

And You will always be
the only love I'll ever know.
And You have made for me
the only place I'll ever go home.

The Mystery of your love for me
is not as hidden as it seemed to be.
Should have known then when you said to me
"seek and you will find,"
it was right there all the time.

I believe in the quest and the journey.
I believe that the answers come in time.
And where we begin is where we are arrive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home