Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Valentine's Day? Oh, really?!?

Lol.

What does it say about my life that I took no notice of yesterday being Valentine's Day until the day was almost over? Well, if we want to put me in the most flattering light (of course we do! yeah.), then it means that I am a strong individual who will not be controlled by the Man telling me when I have to express love to my loved ones! and I will not be tricked into thinking that if I don't give out 20 lbs of chocolate and roses and chocolate roses, etc. that I am unworthy of love. Forget Valentine's Day! Yesterday I started a revolution (and it was not televised)!!! Right.

But if I wanna be real about it (nah. . .probably not), then I'll have to tell everyone that I didn't remember V-Day because I am sometimes just hopelessly oblivious to what's going on around me. I'm sure yesterday I saw commercials for flower shops and Hallmark teddy bears (only $20 when you make a $30 purchase, what a deal!), but none of it registered. Well. So for everyone that I didn't call, or send a card to, or buy chocolate for -- you know who you are, right? -- here is an online token of my affection.

Example


And see, what is so superb about this is, it doesn't even have to be Valentine's Day for you to come here and get some love. When you eat up those tasty chocolates and have to bury the flowers, this will still be here! Enjoy. It's from the heart!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My good friend and fellow blogger Rashika has the perfect verse for today (or yesterday, lol), so here instead is a song! Or rather, the lyrics. Audio blogging costs money, and who has that? Anyway, enough rambling. The following is from my favorite music man, Mr. Stevie Wonder, from the album Songs in the Key of Life (1976):

AS

As around the sun the earth knows she's revolving,
And the rosebuds know to bloom in early May
Just as hate knows love's the cure,
You can rest your mind assured
That I'll be loving you always.
As now can't reveal the mistery of tomorrow,
But in passing we'll grow older every day,
Just as all is born is new
Do you know what I say is true,
That I'll be loving you always.
Until the rainbow burns the stars out in the sky.
Until the ocean covers every mountain high.
Until the dolphin flies and parrots live at sea.
Until we dream of life and life becomes a dream.
Did you know that true love asks for nothing?
Her acceptance is the way we pay.
Did you know that life has given love a guarantee
To last through forever and another day.
Just as time knew to move on since the beginning,
And the seasons know exactly when to change,
Just as kindness knows no shame,
Know through all your joy and pain
That I'll be loving you always.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home